Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Defending it again

The cable guy came to my house this morning but I informed him of my decision of not getting a re-connection. Apparently someone in their office knows me because I did not leave either my name or address to them.

So, I should again defend my decision. I really think that I should not be distracted by the world of TV. Because I know I sure will be distracted by good BBC documentaries and the drama series of Hollywood.

Hollywood has all the technical and special effects wizards of the world. But their real backbone is formed by the hordes of creative writers. They are very good at dialogue also. The last drama series I loved was the ‘picket fences’. How many years back? I’ve been without TV since that long. Only interruption were some episodes of ‘sex and the city’ via CDs I rented.

I’m taking the trouble of saying all these things because I would like to emphasize that I should not be distracted by anything at this particular point of time when I’m about to begin writing. Cute, isn’t it? You should wish me luck. And that’s more than anything compelling enough to forego the world of cable TV.

I’m sure of this.

No comments: