Monday, June 12, 2006

Re-reading

Re-reading Bimol Akoijam’s lecture, I’m becoming more and more convinced that it should be put online. It is one of those which lets you think and let’s you look inwards re-examining yourself and your take on the conditions surrounding you.

It’s indeed refreshing to be able to find such a piece of writing. In fact, I’ve been starved of such refreshing piece of works for a long time now. For many other societies, I can still find such refreshing pieces of works online and in books. But when it comes to the society I’m living in, you are confronted with a vacuum!

I’ll wait for 7 days i.e, up to 17th of this month for an online version of the lecture to appear on the web. If it does not come up by then, I’ll find out who are the trustees of the trust sponsoring the lecture and ask them about their policy regarding making an online version of the lecture.

In meeting the trustees I’ll try to find some ways to contact Bimol Akoijam and I would like to ask him how to get regular copies of ‘Eastern Chronicle’. I would also ask him about their policy regarding online version of the Chronicle.

I’ll come again regarding these things on the 18th of this month.

This afternoon I hauled back my old TV set after a check up in a nearby repair shop. Then, I went to the office of the cable guys for asking for a connection. The technical guy was not there and they asked me either to wait for some minutes or leave my name and address so that he would come to my place. But I said that I would come again.

But after reaching home I began questioning the purpose of seeking a cable re-connection. For the world cup I desperately need a cable line but when it was over who would use the service. I won’t get any time for TV. For some moments I thought of asking a connection for a month only! My idea was to get the connection before the Brazil-Croatia match as I think it would be one of the best matches of the entire tournament.

So, I did not go to the cable guys again and I decided against getting a re-connection.

At least one terrestrial network is offering daily highlights and going live from semi-finals onwards. But you know in opting for the highlights I’m actually practicing an act of repression—repression of all my emotions!

No comments: