Thursday, August 24, 2006

At last!

At last, I’ve a working phone!

Today, I went to the office of BSNL. I went there with the full resolve to notify the next level of officers if I could not get a definite answer to my problem.

Just at the entrance of the office, I met the ‘lineman’. I’ve got a good working relation with him. I’ve not yet notify the next level of officers mostly because it would maake him land in a very awkward position.

So, I asked him why it took him so long to get my phone working. He said that he was ‘loaned’ by his controlling officer to another circle where there is apparently a lot of dead phones. He said comparatively our circle is problem free. Only today he would resume his normal duty.

But what about the ‘lineman’ who tried to ring me up inquiring about my problem? He tried thrice during the last two days.

He was really surprised hearing that. He even summoned his assistant and asked if he did so. His assistant said that he was not near our circle during the last two days.

Who was that mysterious man?

Whatever, the good lineman came to my place in the afternoon and got my phone working again. God bless the lineman!

Don’t you notice that I depend so much on the personal relation with the ‘lineman’? Yes, I do and it will continue until there is a serious competition to this monopolistic BSNL.

But, for a change, a lady, apparently from the customer relations, took all the trouble of ringing me up and politely asking me if I had any other problem.

‘ No other problems, madam. Thank you very much’.

I replied.

No comments: