Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Confluence of ideas

Life is mostly about how you come into contact with ideas and how you make efforts to let them work for you and ultimately, how the direction of your efforts and the force and timing of the ideas result in little inflection points in your life.

That’s how you encounter ‘changes’ in life.

Lesser opportunities for coming into contact with ideas (meaning lesser education, not-so-good qualities of friend circle and community etc) will result in lesser likelihood of changes taking place in his/her life and that will ultimately result in the deterioration of his/her quality of life.

The first time I ever read about food allergic was on a blogpost. It was only some weeks back. She said that one of her friends found out that she was allergic to wheat. She was very concerned about how her friend was going to find foods without wheat in them. Well, I really could feel the dilemma she was in. Here is her blog.

Around that time I read a piece in the newspaper about how your stomach is working 24/7, remarkably, independently of the brain. It also said that if you can keep your stomach right almost everything will also come ok. That’s a remarkable idea.

Looking at myself, I found that I had spells of ‘indigestion problem’. So, I rushed to the doctor, acting on the idea that I should keep my stomach right. You should walk the talk, isn’t it?!?

One of the recommendations of the doctor was that I should avoid milk. He didn’t tell me I might be allergic to it. But the luck had it that the day’s edition of the Telegraph, in its technology pull-out, carried a piece on milk allergy. Reading that piece, I became suspicious that I might as well be allergic to milk.

So, I avoided milk. I felt better. But I was not satisfied.

Then, one fine evening, while I was making flat bread for my dinner, the above blogpost crept into me and made me asked myself about the prospect of skipping wheat for some days and seeing what happened to me then.

Totally avoiding wheat took some days because I had to find an alternative to sliced bread for my breakfast.

But when on diets free of wheat (and, of course, milk) for the next three days, the result came to me—I was satisfied at the level of wellness I felt.

More than that, I also feel good that I could really act quickly on some ideas and make some changes for the better, even if it is solely on a personal level.

That’s how I feel right now—RADIANT!

No comments: