Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bomb blast in Imphal ISKCON temple.

I have no any other details but there was a bomb blast in the ISKCON temple in Imphal.

I have no information whether it was inside their campus or in the temple proper or in its vicinity.

At around 7.30 pm, there were some unusual commotions in the street. I went out and asked around. As soon as I learnt that it was in the ISKCON temple, I abruptly turned back towards my house because I didn’t want to hear any further details.

Setting off a bomb in an ISKCON temple, on this day, is tantamount to setting the bomb amidst a crowd of children and women.

It’s sheer madness.

The only saving grace is that I heard the wails of the sirens of the ambulances only once and that might mean the casualties might be light.

NOTE: Tonight being a planned outrage night for the electricity, I got it only a short while back and could only make this post just now.

No comments: