Thursday, October 19, 2006

How time flies!

Once in a while, putting Imphal as it is, is absolutely repetitive and tiresome.

Just as I’m feeling right now, because last night I got such a low voltage of electricity that I could not turn up my computer. I didn’t phone or otherwise made any contact with, the utility people because I thought it might be a major breakdown.

This morning, I also found that there was no change in the status. At around 11 I went there and meet those people. I was taken buy surprise when they accusingly informed me that substantial number of consumers might be using electric heaters for cooking purpose. I never do that. May be, one of my neighbours, who has several college going students in his rented rooms, might have several heaters in use as well.

But I took the fullest advantages of the situation. I jumped into bed early and rose quite early also. Early in the morning I went out to meet several people whom I would have no chance of meeting them after 8 in the morning. They seem to be always on the move. Energetic types.

I also went to meet two of my sisters and formally invited them for the ‘Ni-ngol Chakouba’, which is on the 24th of this month. There is bereavement in the family of the third sister and so, it is not proper for her to come for the festival. Another of my sister is in Delhi, settling there permanently.

Last ‘Ni-ngol chakouba’, I promised myself that I should not to fail to send some gifts for this sister in Delhi. Now, it’s only some days to go for the festival and I already know that I would not be able to keep my promise.

Remembering that promise, last ‘Ni-ngol Chakouba’ is still very fresh in my mind.

It’s a wonder how time flies!

No comments: