Thursday, October 05, 2006

One private sector joke to another public sector disservice!

Last night, I was late at my computer. I even skipped my daily routine of brushing my teeth after dinner to type out the following piece so that I could post it before midnight.
__________________________________

This evening I was in a friend’s office. In another room, where one of his assistants was working, there was this small tv showing Manipuri film songs. I went in the room and switched to the CNN-IBN. Just on cue, it showed the highlights of the coming interview of Sana Yaima. It was touted as the first TV interview by any channel.

That was in around 7.30 pm. My friend’s office closes at 8 pm and the interview was on 9.30 pm slot.

So, I quickly went home and made all the preparations for the dinner and then, went to another friend’s place.

As we were chatting, the programme came. It showed montages of Sana Yaima, saying different lines of what he had to say about his agenda. Then, it switched to the present political condition of Manipur showing collages of still pictures, mostly of the agitation of the rape and killing of Manorama.

Then, the break came.

We were chatting in front of the TV, thinking that all those montages and collages were the run up to the main interview.

But it never came.

They had captions and scrolls saying that it was the first TV interview of Sana Yaima. But the subject of the interview, Mr Sana Yaima was never in the frame for more than 30 seconds. They were all montages.

How do they term it as an interview?

It was a joke. A complete joke.

_______________________________________

On most days I typed out my post on Words before I log into the net. When I go online I quickly paste the piece onto the Blogger’s create post interface and click publish button. Then, I go ahead with my daily reads, also mostly offline.

Last I pasted the above piece and even clicked published button. Just then, the connection to the net failed. And, I never could log on to the network for the whole night.

So, last night’s case was the instance of descending into another public sector disservice from the one private sector joke!

Now, I’m trying again.

No comments: