Sunday, June 10, 2007

2nd Arambam Somorendra Memorial Lecture.

In the evening, I was there in JN Dance Academy Hall for the 2nd Arambam Somorendra Memorial Lecture. Today is the 7th death anniversary of Arambam Somorendra.

I was late in reaching the place. The lecture was already delivered and questions and answer session was in full swing when ireached there.

This year's lecture was delivered by Prof Gangmumei Kamei. His lecture is entitled--' Plurarism, Democracy and Ethnic Relations in Manipur-A Critique'.

Though I reached there late, I asked for, and was promptly given, a copy of the lecture.

But it was too evident that this year's lecture was a complete let down. Why were so many vacant seats there? Why there was not proper public announcement about this 2nd Memorial Lecture?

I doubt that many reading public were not aware that there was going to be a lecture. Anyway, as I was not there when it was being delivered, I'm trying to read it right now. I'll give my opinion tomorrow.

I intend to give my views regarding what is happening in Moreh right now, it was already midnight as I was typing this. So, that viewpoint should also come here tomorrow. Sorry for this.

No comments: