Monday, June 04, 2007

Blurring battlelines

We are going through another 24-hr bandh. It's from 6 this evening.

It's remarkable in the sense that the bandh is being observed not in protesting a Govt misdeed but as a falout of intensification of rivalry within the rebel outfits.

Three anti-drug activists were gunned down in Wangoi, some 6/7 kms from here.

The rebel group which admiited of gunning down the trio claimed that they were caught red-handed when they were demanding money in the rebel group's name. They were executed there and then.

Even if I had no privilege informations of any kind, I used to be able to follow the ongoing turf wars between rebel groups. But this time, I cannot put my finger on what's what and who's who.

This may be because of the fact the turf war is rapidly intensifying, thus blurring the usual contours of the battlelines!

I'll take it as a personal challenge to see through that blurring battlelines.

I'll keep posting!

No comments: