Saturday, June 16, 2007

Power and internet access

I need to overcome the problems of power outrages and spotty broadband access.(Last night was total blackout for the whole length of the night).

I thought of buying battery and chargers. For a set of the equipments to run my desktops for at least 3 hours, I need to fork out substantial cash.

So, why not buy a portable device?

Whenever there is power outrage, what I would do is to immediately shut down my desktop and boot up the portable device. This device should have USB ports for connecting to the broadband router. For the router itself, my small UPS could supply enough power for some hours of continuous works. When the power supply resumes, you immediately boot up the desktop and put the portable device power recharge mode.

I think this arrangement would give me rare satisfaction of circumventing Manipur’s backwardness as far as power supply is concerned!

For the broadband access, I need to have a backup connectivity. I think it should be wireless, may be, by data card. So, the portable device data card functionality.

I should not fail to mention that it should also be a phone working with a Bluetooth earplug with a camera and MP3 player.

In short, the ultimate mobile device. I searched around and found this and this.

No comments: