Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Joost and video memory.

So, the joost team emailed me telling me that now I got only 14 days to get a joost name. For doing that I got to open the joost client first. Whenever I tried doing that, an error message came up saying that my graphics card seemed not to support proper 3d functionality.

I got the mail on the 31st of May. So, now I have only a week's time.

So, for the last one month or so, I've been trying to find out what's wrong with my computer.

Today, I'm able to identify the problem.

My computer is an old one with Intel 810 chipset motherboard. In this motherboard the maximum video memory distributed to the onboard graphic controller automatically by the OS is only 32 mb. But the joost client needs a minimum of 48 mb of video memory.

I searched around and came to know that user could not increase that video memory size on the onboard graphic controller.

so, the question now is: Can the onboard controller be disabled? In its place, can a PCI graphic( with a higher memory) card do the job?

I'm going to find out tomorrow. If everything goes well, I really want to have a peek at Joost. To me, Joost seems to be the future.

No comments: