Tuesday, January 02, 2007

AUDACITY

What would I expect of this New Year? More to the point, what would I do to mould myself to go along with this New Year but at the same time manage to extract from it what I desire?

Every time I try answering this question, Barrack Obama comes to my mind!

It makes me smile trying to figure out why should I have this much audacity to tangle up with the rising star in America’s political firmament in answering a very personal thing.

But I must hasten to say that the key word is the word ‘audacity’.

I’ve be reading stories about Mr Obama. The first thing that strikes me is his name. There is something about the name ‘ Barrack Obama’. All the stories focus on how he could be the first black president of US. Would a black in the helm of the mightiest nation in the world have a discernible impact on the keeping of the peace and upholding of justice of this global village? Personally, I would nudge myself to believe that it would.

Like most Americans, Mr Obama seems to be real hard worker. He is 40 something, first time Senator but he has already published his second book.

I can’t remember the name of his latest book. But the word ‘audacity’ seems to form the central theme of the book.

And, the word never leaves me from the moment I read that particular story. It strikes a chord with me.

AUDACITY.

Yes, it is the word which will push me all throughout the New Year to battle for getting for what I desire most.

No comments: