Saturday, January 06, 2007

Dichotomy

Today I was so full of running errands for the constructions of my annex. So much so that I had absolutely no time to cook my lunch. So, I let one of my sisters invite me for lunch!

This is an easy way out. But I’m convinced that I should not do this frequently. My living alone should not be an extra burden to anybody. My sisters have their own families to mind and I should not be an extra to them either.

I had been to a stone crushing plant near Mantripukhri. Nothing particular about this plant. I went there to pay some advance money for getting stone chips for reinforced concrete. Apparently so much construction going in and around Imphal that anybody wanting to get stone chips should be in queue for some days. There is this dichotomy in our society. One face of it is that there is so much unemployment that it is sought to be directly linked to the ugly appearance of insurgency in the State. Another facet is that there is so much demand for construction materials that we have to be in queue for buying them!

I cannot make head or tail of this dichotomy.

No comments: