Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Can't wait for the next few days!

Last night, the sitting MLA of the Keisamthong constituency spoke (see my last post) in the election meeting as if he was already elected and was one of the cabinet ministers! He openly said that they were s osure of forming the next government in the State. He also openly let it be known that they have the blessings of the rebels.

Read this together with what Mr A.B.Bardhan, general secretary, CPI has to say about this election. All the papers today quoted Mr Bardhan as saying in Imphal that this election is likely to be hijacked by the rebels. Tongue firmly in cheek, he appealed to the rebels to leave the election (the sacrosanct one?) alone!

The tone of the statement of Mr Bardhan suggests beyond all reasonable doubts that the rebels are having the upper hands.

I’m terribly intrigued to find out the rebels have managed to do that in such a short period of time. But I’m still tied down by the cold I’ve been battling for the last 7-8 days. With this sneezing and coughing subsiding a little I’ll be ready to go out and try to find their modus operandi.

I can’t wait for the next few days!

No comments: