Saturday, January 20, 2007

It's getting closer

It was around 10.30 pm when I was eating my dinner.

In the middle of my dinner that military came again.

To my mind it is a military plane is a foregone conclusion because no one in Manipur has the resource to fly planes late at night.

And, tonight it was getting really closer. I got the sensation of hearing a plane flying in my immediate surrounding. The sound of the plane flying in such a range produces such a load noise. In the earlier sorties at night, I got the distinct impression that it was really hard to avoid disturbing the general population. But tonight they seemed to give a damn about such niceties. If they do like tonight 3 or 4 times, people will start noticing and asking questions.

But after 10 minutes or so it was gone. As I was eating my dinner, I had no chance to see where it was heading when it left the scene. I only had a quick peek at the flying object when I first heard it flying so close. Tonight it also seemed to flying towards Loktak area but by making wider circles towards us. So the loader noise of the flying machine.

How do anybody achieve by 10 minutes’ worth sorties? Even if it was training sorties, what is the use of flying for 10 minutes and call it a day?

It confuses me.

No comments: