Friday, January 05, 2007

Exhausted

When my blog fails to appear in the blogosphere, it can be reasonably assumed that there must be power outrages in Keisampat area, at least! In short, my blog will continue to be a function of the power outrages in Keisampat area until I upgrade to bigger capacity UPS or until I buy a generator.

I got electricity at around 5 in the evening after missing it for one full day today and another full day and night of the previous day. It must be straight 40 hours without electricity. It must be worst than in Baghdad, which is a straightforward war zone. Worse than a war zone!!

I’m exhausted in running errands for buying knick knacks for the ongoing construction of my annex.

Yesterday also, after running so many errands, it was already 1 pm when I started preparation for cooking my lunch. And, as the luck has it, I ran out of cooking gas in the middle of the making of my lunch. I had to rush to the furniture workshop and quickly collected wood scraps and burned them to finish cooking my lunch. Good that I’ve got a rent paying workshop in my premises!

I had to wait for a friend apropos a previously scheduled meeting in my house but he never came. Waiting for him and for the workmen to cease work for the day, it was already 6 in the evening. Only then I started looking a cooking gas refill in the black. At my first try, the price quoted was Rs 500/-! Several attempts, I managed to get one for Rs 420/- but it was already 8 at night when I reached home with the gas cylinder. I was totally exhausted.

I’m still not fully recovered from yesterday’s exhaustion.

No comments: