Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Only the cursory looks

Gen JJ Singh has just laid down 10 point guideline for his soldiers in discharging their duties in counter-insurgency operations.

Some days ago, I also read the report on the Army’s doctrine on handling counter-insurgency which they termed as sub-conventional warfare.

This evening it was quite windy and chilly. And I suspected that I might develop a fever as the flu virus attack on me is showing no sign of letting up. So, I quickly returned home from the library with only a cursory look at the headlines.

In the meantime, I’m reading an older post of mine. It was dated 15th Nov 2006 and it dealt with the Army’s doctrine of the acceptance of limited rebellion in the country.

Here is the link.

And, tomorrow, I’ll try to present a cogent opinion on the subject.

No comments: