Sunday, January 28, 2007

Cold allergy

One of my friends told me this evening that the flu virus should have completed its lifecycle in my body. But during all those fight with the virus my body might have also developed an allergic reaction to the ambient cold weather. He suggested that I should take an anti-allergic pill for some days and he had a name of the pill in his mind.

I’ll try taking the pills from tomorrow for three days.

But I’ve been gurgling with lukewarm water with a pinch of salt. That should have helped and in my experience that gurgling helped most of the times. But what went wrong this time?

I also went vegan these two weeks. I reasoned that I should not impose my body with extra stress in the form of rich foods while it was battling with the flu virus. I don’t know how appropriate my response was. So, for the last 2 weeks, I was on rice and vegetables.

One interesting experience from these vegan weeks is that after a little more than a week into the vegan trip, my body developed cravings for meats.

Incidentally, Joi Ito also went vegan for the several weeks. Comments to his particular post about his vegan weeks are truly illuminating.

No comments: