Friday, January 19, 2007

Beautiful

Normally, I take the path along the Kangla Park to reach the small reading room near GM Hall.

Today, I changed course and instead, walked through Paona Bazar Road.

Right from the mouth of the Paona Bazar Road, at the Paona International Market, I was jostled by the rush of shoppers. There were so many shoppers around. The cars and other vehicles they came with, were parked right upto the middle of the street! Why were so many shoppers?

When I reached the other mouth at the end of the Paona Bazar Road, I could not even space to take a step forward. The area was packed with so many people. And, they were shopping!

Well, I walked through the crowd thinking why there were such heavy rushes of shoppers in this part of the year.

When the flyover was still under construction, they had fenced off the construction area and that too, right in the middle of the street. Now, all the fences were dismantled and there is so much space is available by the side the flyover and under it. But still there is no even space for taking a step forward. Is it because of the surge in the population of the State? But we understand that the State’s population is not increasing at that scale.

When I reached BT Road, I saw some workmen trying hard to put up a sign at the steel gate at the mouth of the flyover. The sign was ‘ Welcome to Bir Tikendrajit Flyover’.

So, it’s official. They are naming it ‘Bir Tikendrajit Flyover’.

Just near the small reading room, there is a restaurant called ‘Talk of the town’. This evening the place was jammed with so many beautiful people eating out.

Well, I forgot to mention earlier that when I passed through the mass of shoppers, I was mesmerized with the abundance of so many beautiful people around!

Imphal seems to be chockfull of beautiful people this evening!

No comments: