Thursday, January 18, 2007

Plane watching again!

I’m again in a plane-watching mood!

Tonight at around 7 that UAV-sounding plane came flying very low in South Western horizon. It also seemed to be pretty close to where I was watching it. I suspected that it was hovering very low over Loktak Lake.

After making a circle 3 or 4 times in a rapid succession, it suddenly changed course towards what looked like to me Khoupum valley ranges.

It seemed that it was returning towards its base in Cachar valley.

I’ve read newsreport that India’s elite Para Regiment ( as elite as SAS or DELTA) have established operational base in Shribar in Cachar District of Assam.

What foxes me to this day is that not a single established newspaper carries a single story about night sorties of the plane from Cachar valley. Even if they cannot unearth the military secrets behind these night time sorties, a simple description of the plane with some photographs would be a quite an interesting read.

No comments: